Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Bugs and the Breeze

My younger brother Jonathan wrote this humorous poem yesterday, while contemplating the horrendous plague, otherwise known as mosquito season. 


I like cheese 
but I really hate bugs and bees
I just wish they would go away like the afternoon breeze
wish they would halt like when a captain says cease
or they could just freeze.
So please, when it comes to the Lees, don't bring no bees fleas or fees. 
All that stuff just gonna make me sneeze and wheeze.
These bugs make me want to give that spray a big squeeze
or burn them all in an oven over 200 degrees.
But still I’d much rather have some piping hot Chinese.
If you deliver I’ll make sure to leave some spare keys.
So lets just have this be a decree,
when I talk you can all just go to your knees,
okay fine maybe not so official, jeez.
Man there are too many cicadas in these trees.
But it’s no different than a debate between Mac or PCs
man you bug lovers are hard to please
Don’t you know these ticks give Lyme disease??
I don’t know about all the Lee’s
but until all the bugs are gone, I’ll never be at ease.

2 comments:

  1. ha! ha! great poem! love it! but I think bugs are not all that bad... what about fireflies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! What genius wrote this literary masterpiece? It was such an honor to read this

    ReplyDelete