Wednesday, July 22, 2015

What I believe

I...believe...
That people have intrinsic value apart from what they can and cannot do
That the result does not always matter, as long as you pursue
And become refined by the journey you take, rather than the benefit you can make
I believe in the stubbornness of evil is a harsh and caustic reality,
Yet God gives us liberation and a hope of transformation from sin's finality
Jesus breaks the fallacy,
That we must be slaves to the world, and not children under his care,
That one always has time to spare, when in the care, of family and friends
That as the most personal relationships form
Friendships should survive the trials and storms, of life
So I pray that through the fray, and the trials of many days,
That the most personal relationships will stay
I believe that the power and beauty of literature is something to be enjoyed,
That a world without such a gift, would be bereft, and void

No comments:

Post a Comment